We welcome constructive discussion, but comments with the intention to attack anyone or to smear the reputation of others are not acceptable.
Contributions that offer information or clarifications about our products and services are also valued.
Feedback about our content or coverage should be sent to the appropriate iBox located here.
The following are general guidelines for posting comments. Comments may be reviewed for acceptance:
- Personal attacks on any individual are not tolerated, and users who repeatedly post such comments may be banned.
- Comments containing swearing, name-calling or otherwise abusive language are not acceptable.
- We understand that people often feel strongly about the topics debated, but we ask that you show respect and courtesy for the individual views and beliefs of other users. By being polite and civil, you ensure that the topic remains the focus of the debate and that our pages remain conducive for effective discussion.
- Keep your posts relevant. If you post a comment that is not related to the topic discussed, it may be deleted.
- Comments that are racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise offensive will not be tolerated. There is a difference between criticizing a government, organisation or belief and attacking people because of their race, gender, sexual orientation or religion.Comments about moderation decisions will also be deleted.
- Comments that incite people to commit a crime will not be tolerated.
- Comments must be in English. No other languages are accepted in our community.
- Keep your comments coherent. If the moderating team cannot understand your comment because of poor spelling, grammar or logic, it will be deleted.
- Do not post content which you have copied from someone else and for which you do not have the copyrights.
- DO NOT SHOUT. Writing in caps is considered as shouting in web etiquette.
- No spamming or flooding. Do not repost the same or very similar messages more than once.
- No advertising, promotion of products or services, or posting of web links (URLs).
- Impersonating anyone (including other members) is unacceptable.
- Inappropriate nicknames may be changed without prior warning and notice.
- No revealing of personal information is allowed. It is not acceptable to publicise yours or anyone else’s contact details, including address, place of employment, telephone number, email address, etc.
- We will not accept defamatory comments capable of damaging the reputation of an organisation or individual.
- We will not tolerate comments that are in contempt of court. This means anything that could prejudice on-going or forthcoming court proceedings.
- We will delete comments that break a court injunction. This is when court orders prohibit the release of specific information, such as the names or whereabouts of people involved in a court case.
- Spelling and grammar will generally not be corrected. However, we reserve the right to make amendments as we deem fit.
- Because of the volume of comments received, we cannot review individual moderation decisions, but we may alter irrelevant or inappropriate comments.